[OpenWrt-Devel] upstream opkg

Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca luizluca at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 23:25:24 EDT 2016

Thanks Jo,

Do you have any idea how it would be possible to reduce upstream opkg
size? Create
a libarchive-mini?

Maybe we can simply revert libarchive adoption (specially if we turn it
into a ./configure option). I guess it is limited to libopkg/pkg_extract.c
file.
Maybe it is better to keep an openwrt customized pkg_extract.c than to
maintain an full opkg fork (with known issues).

deb and rpm are already possible busybox applet. Maybe opkg could also
become one (and share some code with tar/gzip).

Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca
luizluca at gmail.com