[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC relayd 0/2] relayd: add ipv6 support

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Tue Apr 19 17:04:05 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 03:14:52PM +0200, Michal Kazior wrote:
> I've been recently working on adding IPv6 support
> to relayd (which supported only IPv4).
>
> It does, however, require a kernel patch to make
> it actually usable because link-local addresses
> are not routable by kernel by default.
>
> The patch, currently an RFC, can be found here:
>
>   https://www.mail-archive.com/netdev@vger.kernel.org/msg104390.html

If your use-case is 802.11 bridging, why don't you simply use
WDS/4-address mode¹?  Why would you want to change the behaviour of
link-local addresses (at layer 3) to solve a layer 2 problem?

Baptiste

¹ https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Documentation/iw#using_4-address_for_ap_and_client_mode