[OpenWrt-Devel] cfg80211 wext-compat layer in OpenWRT

Sergey Naumov sknaumov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:37:14 EDT 2016

Hi all.

I'm trying to use cfg80211 wext compatibility layer in my program, and
while on desktop (ubuntu 15.04) everything is OK, on OpenWRT
barrier-breaker and some pre-release of chaos-calmer I see that only
txpower wext ioctl works, while SSID and channel don't.

I see that in config files CFG80211_WEXT is enabled in
compat-wireless, but disabled in kernel itself. My OpenWRT router is
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 and in both cases (my laptop and OpenWRT router)
device driver is ath9k.

Have someone experienced similar problems?

Thanks,
Sergey.