[OpenWrt-Devel] How to add ubus users?

Rüdiger, Christoph Christoph.Ruediger at thyssenkrupp.com
Sat Sep 26 11:42:35 EDT 2015

Hi Jow,

thank you for that information.

> If the password option is specified like "$p$<user>" then the password hash
> for <user> is validated against /etc/shadow.
>
> If the password option is specified like "$1$<hash>" then the client supplied
> login password is hashed through crypt() and compared against the hash in
> the config. You can generate such a hash with "mkpasswd -5 password" or
> "uhttpd -m password".

Are there also other options available? We have a bit strange offline two-factor authentication in use and have a pam plugin for this. Is there a way to authenticate against pam? If not, can you point me to the source code location, which is a good starting point to add such functionality?

Best regards,
Christoph

--
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Innovation GmbH
PDC Neuhausen

Phone +49 7158 12-2615
christoph.ruediger at thyssenkrupp.com

Company domicile: Essen      Commercial register: Essen HRB 20 839
Postal address: ThyssenKrupp Allee 1, 45143 Essen, Germany
Executive Board: Gerhard Thumm, Katrin Huenger, Philippe Choleau