[OpenWrt-Devel] i2c device not in /dev

Baptiste Clenet bapclenet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 11:32:29 EDT 2015

>>> or maybe i2c-dev isn't loaded? try
>>> modprobe i2c-dev
>>>

>> i2c-dev is part of i2c-core if that symbol is selected. i2c-core uses
>> AutoLoad and not AutoProbe so it should always load.
>
> Thnaks for the answer.
>
> i2c-dev and i2c-core are loaded as well as i2c-ralink and my i2c
> driver. How to add CONFIG_I2C_CHARDEV? I added it in
> /target/linux/ramips config file of my board but it hasn't changed
> anything. How may I check that the config has really been added?
>
> By the way, is there a similar CONFIG for SPI, like CONFIG_SPI_CHARDEV ?
>

>>         John
>

> --
> Baptiste

Actually, here is my configuration:
I've got my driver in /sys/bus/i2c/drivers
Nothing in /sys/bus/i2c/devices
Nothing in /sys/class/i2c-dev as well.

Concerning CONFIG_I2C_CHARDEV, it seems that it is automatically added
with i2c-core so it should be compiled in my distrib. (Do you know how
I can check?)

Cheers,

--
Baptiste