[OpenWrt-Devel] Renaming trunk to Dxx Dxx ?

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Wed Sep 9 10:23:07 EDT 2015

On Sep 9, 2015, at 15:20 , Hannu Nyman <hannu.nyman at iki.fi> wrote:

> I repeat my earlier wish that trunk should be renamed as soon as possible.
>
> There has been several changes during the summer that have made trunk to significantly deviate from the CC branch. Some of the changes are under the hood (like musl vs. uClibc),

	We ran into this issue recently, where the switch to musl subtly changed the regexp behavior of grep, and where it took a while to realize that the reporter was on musl while all other testing machines where not. Having had a "DD rNNNNNN” version string somewhere early in the report might have helped figuring out the root cause faster… ("Chaos Chalmer Bleeding Edge" in retrospect should have been signal enough, but it was not).

> but especially the recent telnet removal is rather prominent change for users. From documentation / advice / forum discussion perspective it is rather frustrating that both trunk and 15.05 are still referenced as "Chaos Calmer".
>
> Having trunk renamed to something Dxxx Dxxx would clarify things.

+1