[OpenWrt-Devel] European Commission secretly passes same measure as FCC OpenWRT ban ?

demos demos at posteo.de
Thu Sep 3 20:07:13 EDT 2015

i think that is very similar to the FCC thing.
Some ideas how to deal with that may also be there:
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Save_WiFi

German forum about that: https://forum.freifunk.net/t/6732/19
how these issues touch german legislation:
https://fragdenstaat.de/anfrage/stand-der-umsetzung-der-richtlinie-2014-53-eu/

Cheers
Demos

Caleb James DeLisle:
> Seems to be one German newspaper reporting that Directive 2014/53/EU
> places an EU ban on flashing devices.
>
> http://www.heise.de/netze/meldung/Funkregulierung-Angriff-auf-alternative-Software-2803189.html
>
> https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.heise.de%2Fnetze%2Fmeldung%2FFunkregulierung-Angriff-auf-alternative-Software-2803189.html
>

> Could not find any other articles about this.

Echt Dezentrales Netz - EDN:
The goal of EDN is to verify the applicability of existing technologies
and solutions,
and to integrate them in a comprehensive product.
More secure and private communication in and by Open Wireless Meshnets.
https://wiki.c3d2.de/Echt_Dezentrales_Netz/en

"There are many fights more important than the fight over how the
internet is
regulated. Equity in race, gender, sexual preference; the widening
wealth gap;
the climate crisis – each one far more important than the fight over the
rules
for the net.
Except for one thing: the internet is how every one of these fights will
be won
or lost. Without a free, fair and open internet, proponents of urgent
struggles
for justice will be outmaneuvered and outpaced by their political opponents,
by the power-brokers and reactionaries of the status quo.
The internet isn’t the most important fight we have; but it’s the most
foundational."
Cory Doctorow
(http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jun/15/internet-answer-questions-of-our-time)