[OpenWrt-Devel] Git mirror with branches, tags and full history

Bastian Bittorf bittorf at bluebottle.com
Mon Nov 30 06:01:47 EST 2015

* Petr Štetiar <ynezz at true.cz> [30.11.2015 11:50]:
> Did you tried to build OpenWRT image on some cloud CI? I assume, that your
> build can't take 8 hours. There's quite a lot of patches being sent to the
> mailing list so I doubt, that you can at least build check all of them on the
> cloud CIs. Is image build check enough? I doubt that, it's like 10% of QA,
> maybe less.

build testing OpenWrt can be *really* fast, if you

a) build in a ram-disk
b) use dedicated hardware for each architecture

i bet it's about 300 seconds for a full fresh
distributed build for *all* architectures.

> I'm very happy, that OpenWRT follows mailing list based patch submission and
> review process. If it scales well for Linux kernel development, it must be
> good enough for OpenWRT also.

the scaling problem only exists, because too *few* people review patches.
It's not about the CI-integration/build/testing. The idea was, that the
review-stuff is divided into subsystems (each with a maintainer who
feels responsible).

bye, bastian