[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWRT broken for some reason in my system

Carlos Ferreira carlosmf.pt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 12:14:37 EST 2015

For reference, I'm using Manjaro Linux (Arch Linux based).

[claymore at Claymore trunk]$ uname -a
Linux Claymore 4.3.0-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Nov 2 07:40:28 UTC 2015
x86_64 GNU/Linux

On 9 November 2015 at 16:42, Hannu Nyman <hannu.nyman at iki.fi> wrote:

> One more "me too" report:
> There was probably something unusual in the last OS kernel update for
> Ubuntu 15.10 x64, which has caused some compiler tools to require
> re-installation.
>
> I updated Ubuntu 15.10 kernel last week along other updates offered by the
> system, and after the kernel update I ran a command to purge old kernels,
> like I always do after kernel updates. At that point I noticed that
> exceptionally also a few of the build tools/prerequisities of Openwrt got
> uninstalled at the same time. Almost like there had been a forced
> dependency to the previous kernel version. Normally only the old kernel
> modules are purged, so this looked strange.
>
> I re-installed the Openwrt prerequisities (gcc-multilib, flex, git-core,
> gettext, libssl-dev, ...). Not all of those needed re-installation, but
> some did. So some of them had been really uninstalled. Since then the
> things have been normal again.
>
> Your situation pretty much matches what I would probably have seen if I
> had not re-installed the prerequisities.
> Just try reinstalling the ~20 prerequisities for Openwrt and see if that
> helps.
>
> I don't think that this has anything to do with Openwrt itself.
>

> On 9.11.2015 17:00, Carlos Ferreira wrote:
>
>> not even a distclean was able to solve the problem. I still have the
>> issue.
>>

>> On 9 November 2015 at 14:56, Carlos Ferreira <carlosmf.pt at gmail.com
>> <mailto:carlosmf.pt at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Yes, I agree it may be a problem related to an OS update because I
>>     actually did that.
>>     Meanwhile, why would the gcc verification fail?
>>     I'm using The multilib gnu compiler and it always worked until now..
>>

>>     On 9 November 2015 at 14:29, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant
>>     <kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk <mailto:kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
>> >>
>>     wrote:
>>

>>         On 09/11/15 13:43, Carlos Ferreira wrote:
>>         > PS: Instead of "trunk repo", it's "15.05 repo".
>>         >
>>         > On 9 November 2015 at 13:42, Carlos Ferreira
>>         <carlosmf.pt at gmail.com <mailto:carlosmf.pt at gmail.com>
>>         > <mailto:carlosmf.pt at gmail.com <mailto:carlosmf.pt at gmail.com>>>
>> wrote:
>>         >
>>         >     Today I updated my OpenWRT trunk repo and after making the
>> usual
>>         >     "./scripts/feeds install -a" this happened.
>>         >
>>         >     [claymore at Claymore 15.05]$ ./scripts/feeds install -a
>>         >     Checking 'working-make'... ok.
>>         >

>>         I had some really weird stuff happen very recently with regard to
>> make
>>         on 2 mint boxes I use to compile openwrt.  a 'make clean' in
>>         scripts/config got me up and running again.  Never seen anything
>> quite
>>         like it before!  I think it was an OS update that did it rather
> [...]

Carlos Miguel Ferreira
Researcher at Telecommunications Institute
Aveiro - Portugal
Work E-mail - cmf at av.it.pt
Skype & GTalk -> carlosmf.pt at gmail.com
LinkedIn -> http://www.linkedin.com/in/carlosmferreira