[OpenWrt-Devel] Suggestions anyone - EasyBox 904 xDSL (Lantiq xrx200)

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Fri May 29 20:29:16 EDT 2015

On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 1:58 AM, Arnold Schulz <arnysch at gmx.net> wrote:
> I don't know. According to console output PCI seems to be recognized, for
> PCIe there are error messages ("pcie_rc_initialize link up failed!!!!!").
> The lspci command shows nothing.
Can you see the physical wifi chip on your board? If you google the part
number then you'll probably know whether it's PCI or PCIe.
Looking at this config (I'm hoping that this is the correct device) suggests
that it's a PCIe is at least enabled: [0]
Please note that OpenWrt svn r45717 and r45718 contain bugfixes for PCIe!

> This leads to the assumption, that USB is connected via PCI. But lspci shows
> nothing, while USB seems to work. lsusb shows two busses and I could mount a
> vfat USB stick.
Sorry, I have no idea how USB is connected internally.

> Here I had made many tests and I think I tried all or allmost all
> combinations of
>    reg = <X>;             // X = 0, *1, *2, 3, 4, 5             used in
> other profiles
>    phy-handle = <&phyY>;  // Y = *0, 1, 5, *11, 12, *13, 14     *=most use
> in other profiles
>
> Console msgs told about successfull attachment only for values &phy11 or
> &phy13,
> but then networking via ethernet did not work any longer.
I had the same behavior when I mixed up the assignment of a phy to the
ethernet-port or when I used an incorrect "reg" config at the ethernet-port.

> BTW: Which phy-mode (gmii, rgmii or even mii) to use in 'phy-mode = "..."'
> lines?
> Is this also a variable I should play with?
Yes, have a look at the network driver: [1]
If you have gbit ethernet then you should probably use gmii or rgmii (depending
on the port -> see the source-code).

As a general note:
You can find most pinmux/GPIO settings in the original source code: [2]
Sometimes you need to do some basic calulations (for example interrupts are
+8 in the OpenWrt kernel).
I also suggest to get a copy of Draytek's vigor 2760 GPL sources [3] as they
are shipping the most complete kernel source that I have seen so far.
Using both sources together with the original kernel config helps you
finding the
correct values.

Regards,
Martin