[OpenWrt-Devel] External (public) IP forwarded to internal LAN [SOLVED]

Angelo Corsaro corsaroangelo at gmail.com
Fri May 15 04:35:15 EDT 2015

Hi Lars,
following your directions I played with the buttons, options but I
haven't found the solution.
I left the checkbutton MASQUERADE only for the internal lan, but always
I haven't the "right"  behaviour.

On 15/05/2015 00:45, openwrt-devel-request at lists.openwrt.org wrote:
>> Here is the lan postrouting taken from the above:
>>
>> Chain zone_lan_postrouting (1 references)
>>   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source destination
>> 12 860  postrouting_lan_rule  all  --  * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
>> 12 860  MASQUERADE            all  --  * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
>>
>> The last line should be the problem: every packet heading for the lan zone
>> (e.g. your webserver) will be masqueraded (SNAT).
>> Maybe you enabled the masquerading checkbox in the firewall config for this
>> interface?
>>
>> The content of /etc/config/firewall would probably show the root cause (in case
>> my above guess is wrong).
>>
>> cheers,
>> lars

Checking another firewall script, I found an interesting rule:

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 98070 packets, 12M bytes)
  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source destination
  215K   17M MASQUERADE  all  --  * *eth1* 0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0

so all address are masquerade only for the destination eth1.

So I issued
iptables -t nat -D zone_lan_postrouting -j MASQUERADE
iptables -t nat -A zone_lan_postrouting -j MASQUERADE -o pppoa-wan

and my webserver is logging the source address.

Doest this is an error or normal behaviour  of fw3 ?

Cheers
Angelo