[OpenWrt-Devel] procd: "failed to symlink /tmp -> /var" - creation of this symlink in procd needed?

Heiner Kallweit hkallweit1 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 14:09:47 EDT 2015

Recently the system log started to report a warning "failed to symlink /tmp -> /var".
This symlink is part of the base-files package and later procd tries to do the same
in early.c. As the symlink is already there this fails and throws the warning.
Until few weeks ago this failed silently, on Mar 28th 2015 the warning was introduced.

My question: Do we need to create this symlink in procd at all as it's part of base-files already?

Heiner