[OpenWrt-Devel] Unable to setup point to point network between two openwrt boards

udit gupta uditgupta.052 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 18:53:54 EDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to setup point to point networks between two Avila boards
(Processor : XScale-IXP42x Family) running Openwrt( KAMIKAZE 8.09.1) and
Linux kernel 2.6.26.8.

I am trying to setup two configurations : 1. AP-Client 2. Adhoc-Adhoc

I tried both but nothing seems to work. I am able to setup the respective
AP, Client and Adhoc modes but they somehow don't associate with other
peer. I am using madwifi(atheros) driver.

For e.g. - one configuration :

 iwconfig ath0
 ath0      IEEE 802.11g  ESSID:"wsid"  Nickname:""
      Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412 GHz  Access Point: Not-Associated
      Bit Rate:1 Mb/s   Tx-Power:28 dBm   Sensitivity=1/1
      Retry:off   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
      Encryption key:off
      Power Management:off
      Link Quality=0/70  Signal level=-97 dBm  Noise level=-97 dBm

Same thing happens when I use the Ad-hoc mode. It gets the configuration
but Access point remains Not-Associated.

I would love to share more details but Can someone provide me some leads
into this. I just want to ping one board from other.

Thanks
--

*Regards, Udit K Gupta*
*Graduate Student in Computer Science **&*

*Stony Brook, NY-11790, USA*

*Follow me on Twitter : @gupta_udit <https://twitter.com/gupta_udit>*

*Check Out my Linkedin <https://www.linkedin.com/in/uditkgupta> Profile*
* "The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from one who does
..."*