[OpenWrt-Devel] adding seccomp and service jailing to procd

Luka Perkov luka at openwrt.org
Fri Mar 27 15:21:07 EDT 2015

Hi John,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 07:58:46PM +0100, John Crispin wrote:
> On 27/03/2015 19:56, Luka Perkov wrote:
> > Hi John,

> >> we need to discuss this internally. i have already started
> >> thinking about it.bu have no opinion yet
> >
> > It would be better that such invasive changes that were done or
> > are planned are communicated and explained before the actual push
> > and not after. In this specific case a patch to either public or
> > internal mailing list would not hurt. The breakage for some targets
> > could have been easily avoided that way.
> >
> > Luka
>
> i communicated this to lots of people ahead and sent a mail to the
> internal list 1 day in advance,

Ah, I see, I should be grateful that we had a full day.

> there was next to zero damaged caused by this. you should spend your time
> fixing up imx6,

What is broken in imx6? The target is just not bumped to 3.18.

> rather than criticizing other for adding cool features.

I did not say the features are not cool. Actually, I think they are cool. After
my trip I'll take a closer look at the new features and I am really looking
forward to making contributions!

Luka