[OpenWrt-Devel] Is PPPoE broken in Barrier Breaker?

valent.turkovic at gmail.com valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 02:21:52 EDT 2015

Hi,
I don't see lots of people using PPPoE with OpenWrt, at least PPPoE is
not mentioned much on forums.

My first opportunity to use PPPoE with OpenWrt was yesterday and I
lost few hours on troubleshooting few issues and finally arrived at
conclusion that PPPoE could be broken in Barrier Breaker.

I'm not 100% sure if it is broken so I came here to ask if there are
people who have success with PPPoE on OpenWrt?

Here is a link to this issue on the forum (it is not only me):
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=269850

It looks like pppd after sending request for IP address instead
getting response with IP data instead  package to terminate LCP is
received. Does somebody have ideas why is this happening?

Cheers,
Valent.