[OpenWrt-Devel] Dynamically generate custom files before building?

Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE jmpoure at gooze.eu
Tue Mar 24 12:11:56 EDT 2015

> I think you should try to modify "openwrt/Makefile"
> Add your own script  for target devices.

I am thinking about moving to a Makefile also.

Currently, my scripts look like this one :
*****************
#git clone git://git.openwrt.org/openwrt.git openwrt-ar71xx
cd openwrt-ar71xx

#echo "make dirclean"
#make dirclean

echo "git checkout"
git checkout master
git pull

echo "updating feeds"
./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install luci
./scripts/feeds install luci-proto-ipv6

echo "make defconfig"
rm -f .config
echo  >.config 'CONFIG_TARGET_ar71xx_generic_TLWR841=y'
echo  >>.config 'CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci=y'
echo  >>.config 'CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-proto-ipv6=y'

make defconfig

echo "compiling"
make -j 5

Next thing I would like to test is create custom targets. I am not very
sure how to work. But basically, can define
CONFIG_TARGET_ar71xx_generic_TLWR841_myown

I read on the wiki there was also the ability to compile all package and
then use image builder to quickly build custom installers.

At one point, if you need to initialize dozens of routers and APs, you
probably want to use image builder.

Kind regards,
Gnutella