[OpenWrt-Devel] Rebuilding for specific hardware, example ar71xx/image for TP-Link TL-WR841ND

Arjen de Korte arjen+openwrt at de-korte.org
Mon Mar 23 10:18:33 EDT 2015

Citeren Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE <jmpoure at gooze.eu>:

> Le lundi 23 mars 2015 à 21:21 +0800, Yousong Zhou a écrit :
>> "./scripts/feeds install pkgname" will make those packages
>> visible/available/selectable in menuconfig (creating links in
>> package/feeds/feedsname/) as the prior update action only fetches them
>> down as is.
>
> Thanks!
>
> So I need to activate compilation with:
> echo  >>.config 'CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci=y'

No, you have to run 'make menuconfig' and select the luci package in
there. In many cases, other packages are needed when you select a
package. This is exactly what menuconfig automates (so making changes
by hand in the generated .config file is usually a bad idea, just like
the top lines of this file will tell you).