[OpenWrt-Devel] Guidance using @BUILD_NLS for full iconv support ?

Derek Werthmuller thewerthfam at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:46:39 EDT 2015

I'm building a new package Suricata 2.0.7 that sees to need the full iconv
support.  The stubs don't seem to be enough. I've included @BUILD_NLS in
the make file but I'm still getting a configure error:
checking iconv.h usability... no
checking iconv.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: iconv.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: iconv.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: iconv.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: iconv.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: iconv.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for iconv.h... no
configure: error: iconv.h not found ...

Any ideas/ Guidance?
       Cheers
                     Derek

Here is the relevant makefile.
include $(INCLUDE_DIR)/package.mk
include $(INCLUDE_DIR)/nls.mk

define Package/suricata
  SECTION:=net
  CATEGORY:=Network
  SUBMENU:=Web Servers/Proxies
  TITLE:=Suricata
  URL:=http://www.openinfosecfoundation.org
  DEPENDS:=@BUILD_NLS +libpcre +pcre +libtool +libnetfilter-queue +libpcap
+libn
et +libyaml +zlib +libcap +libnids +libnet0 +libopenssl +libnfnetlink
+libmagic
+libcap $(ICONV_DEPENDS)
  MENU:=1
endef

HOST_CONFIGURE_ARGS += CFLAGS=-fno-stack-protector

TARGET_CFLAGS += $(FPIC) -lpthread -fno-stack-protector \

MAKE_FLAGS += \
    EXTRALIBS="$(ICONV_LDFLAGS) -L$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/lib -liconv"

TARGET_CPPFLAGS += -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
-fno-stack-prote
ctor

CONFIGURE_ARGS += \
    --disable-gccprotect \
    --enable-nfqueue \
    $(if $(ICONV_FULL),--with-libiconv=gnu) \