[OpenWrt-Devel] How to Custom admin page on openwrt ?

Tymon banglang.huang at foxmail.com
Thu Mar 12 03:24:10 EDT 2015

Hi all,

       As we all known, the default method to access the router's administration web page(Luci)  is to type "http://192.168.1.1" on the browser. I am curious about how can the router recognize the"http://192.168.1.1"as its accessible site ?
       More interesting thing is I used to see someone type"admin.myrouter" on browser(just in LAN network, the router did not connect WAN to the internet), and he successfully accessed the administration web page(Luci) on his openwrt router.
       Thus my question is how can I make the OpenWrt router like him ? Do I need to modified the code of cgi ?

       Any hint will be appreciated!‍