[OpenWrt-Devel] Why OpenWrt sucks?

Gergely Kiss mail.gery at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 19:41:18 EDT 2015

Hi Fernando,

I cannot predict nor foresee what HW vendors will do in the future but it
looks to me there's a trend like that. For example, there is some
collaboration [1] between NVIDIA and the developers of the open source
nouveau driver and also, Intel seems to release some of its codes as open
source [2][3], too.

Legal issues still hold vendors back from releasing their driver codes but
at least, there is some level of collaboration now between vendors and open
source developers which is a great step forwards compared to the times when
reverse engineering was the only possible way to create drivers for open
source OSes.

Regards,
Gergely

1: