[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC] glibc 2.21 for OpenWrt

Jeff Waugh jdub at bethesignal.org
Tue Mar 10 12:56:45 EDT 2015

Hi all,

Not content with adding support for uClibc snapshots, I've also tackled
glibc 2.21, as eglibc is no longer an actively maintained project.

Here's the branch I've been working on (which isn't tidied up for merge
btw):

  https://github.com/jdub/openwrt/commits/glibc

There is one OpenWrt-wide issue that will need to be addressed for glibc
2.21 compatibility: The widespread use of _BSD_SOURCE, which was deprecated
in glibc 2.20.

It's a simple fix though: Use _DEFAULT_SOURCE instead. Plus, my initial
inspection suggests _BSD_SOURCE mostly occurs in OpenWrt-controlled code,
such as procd, etc., which makes life simpler.

Thanks,
Jeff