[OpenWrt-Devel] MI424WR Rev I Hynix NAND Error

Conor O'Gorman i at conorogorman.net
Thu Mar 5 05:18:17 EST 2015

On 04/03/15 18:14, James Hilliard wrote:

> We tried changing the chip-delay parameter in the openwrt dtsi file to
> match the GPL source
> https://github.com/jameshilliard/actiontec_opensrc_mi424wr-rev-i_fw-40-21-18/blob/34b1f338344ebd36543c9fbcb4870bb6f6914cb8/rg/vendor/marvell/feroceon/linux-2.6/arch/arm/mach-feroceon-kw2/nand.c#L211
> but that didn't seem to resolve the issue.

There does seem to be a lot of errors, but then a good few correctable,
in your boot log, as if there is a timing problem.

I'm not familiar with that hardware, but if uboot is able to read and
write correctly, then at least the hardware controller part should be
configured right, for timings. If the kernel avoids changing any
hardware registers for the nand access, that side should be ok.

If you have some idea where the nand controller lives, you can examine
it's setup in uboot console and then after the kernel boots.

Conor