[OpenWrt-Devel] minimal work needed to build just the toolchain

Claudio Thomas ct at xmodus-systems.de
Thu Mar 5 03:06:26 EST 2015

Hi Mohammed,
I'm not shure if I has undertood you correctly. My question was based on
a customer request, which needs a toolchain. I, for my self, never has
build the firmware, part of it or independend software outside of the
normal openwrt "make framework". So I guess that I probably will not be
able to help you.

Independently of my experiences outside of the openwrt framework... The
first thing that anyone need to be able to help you is at least the
error message that you receive when compiling...

You wrote, that you have Problems with your linux. Do already checked if
you has all needed Packages installed?

I've attached some informations about my build environment. This
txt-file is automatikaly creteated by my own script, but based on the
infos at http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/buildroot.exigence. I've
added some packages that are also needed (for me) but not listed in the
wiki.
Maybe it is be helpful for you.

Best regards,
Claudio