[OpenWrt-Devel] Wifi Defaults

Eric Schultz eschultz at prplfoundation.org
Tue Jun 30 15:07:26 EDT 2015

I'm curious on some choices made for wireless networks for release images.
In particular, I unexpectedly saw that the default wireless channels are
not set to "auto". At the same time, the default at
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/wireless is set to auto. Wouldn't setting
to a particular channel lead to unexpected conflict if two people both used
OpenWrt with the default settings? Or am I totally misunderstanding how
this works?

If I wanted to change it to default to auto, where would that be changed?
In package/kernel/mac80211/files/lib/wifi/mac80211.sh?

Thanks,

Eric

--
Eric Schultz, Community Manager, prpl Foundation
http://www.prplfoundation.org
eschultz at prplfoundation.org
cell: 920-539-0404
skype: ericschultzwi