[OpenWrt-Devel] Fwd: iwinfo lua scanlist issue

Peter Uithoven peter at peteruithoven.nl
Mon Jun 29 07:05:42 EDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Uithoven <peter at peteruithoven.nl>
Date: Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: [OpenWrt-Devel] iwinfo lua scanlist issue
To: Bastian Bittorf <bittorf at bluebottle.com>

Hi Bastian,

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Bastian Bittorf <bittorf at bluebottle.com>
wrote:

> * Peter Uithoven <peter at peteruithoven.nl> [29.06.2015 11:46]:
> > This happens when my init script is called, which attempts to perform a
> > scan, but the wifi stack is restarted because the country and channel is
>
> i'am curious - what is your interest in scanning during bootup?
> (if you only need it once, you should better do it via a hotplug
> script...)

We do a little bit of our own wifi config. We try to find (using scanlist)
known wifi networks and connect to them, when non appropriate are found we
create a accesspoint.
In the future, when connecting to a known networks fails it should also
become a accesspoint.

If I understand the OpenWRT wiki hotplug is replaced by procd?
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/hotplug
I'll look into procd, this page seems relevant:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/procd-init-scripts
We're still figuring out how to best do network configuration through Lua.