[OpenWrt-Devel] How to keep disabled services disabled after sysupgrade

Stefan Tomanek stefan.tomanek+openwrt at wertarbyte.de
Thu Jun 18 11:17:41 EDT 2015

Dies schrieb Bastian Bittorf (bittorf at bluebottle.com):

> > Can anyone supply any different ideas or provide some feedback?
>
> maybe: disabled services are stored during sysupgrade in
> e.g. /lib/upgrade/keep.d/services_disabled
>
> and this file will be read line by line during firstboot/uci-defaults
> (and services diabled again) and the file is then deleted.

Yes, I was thinking in that direction as well - however, /lib/upgrade/keep.d/
seems to contain file locations that should be kept during an upgrade; is there
a safe place where temporary data can be stashed during a sysupgrade? I'd like
to save the list of installed packages as well, since remembering what packages
were installed is often a kind of PITA.
At the moment, I am using these commands, but I'd like to see something like that
integrated into sysupgrade as well:

  opkg list_installed > /etc/installed_packages
  sysupgrade -c ......

  opkg update
  opkg install $(awk '{print $1}' /etc/installed_packages}