[OpenWrt-Devel] Package list signing keys: Does the release build system use different keys than snapshots?

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Mon Jun 15 09:35:07 EDT 2015

I created my first build from the brand-new CC15.05 chaos_calmer branch. I
patched include/version.mk to get the version right, but no other changes
were needed.

The build is otherwise ok, but opkg does not accept package list signatures
from the 15.05-rc2 directory. When I try opkg update, I get this:

http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05-rc2/ar71xx/generic/packages/base/Packages.gz.
http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05-rc2/ar71xx/generic/packages/base/Packages.sig.
 >> Signature check failed.
 >> Remove wrong Signature file.

Have the rc2 binaries been created with a different key than the snapshots?

r45905 added the snapshot key to the base-files, which enables private builds
to fetch snapshot package lists from the snapshots.
https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/45905/

Probably something similar needs to be done for the release build keys. Right?

I propose that developers add the release build signing keys to base-files,
at least in the chaos_calmer branch, but probably also into trunk so that the
next branches will avoid the problem.