[OpenWrt-Devel] Linux 4.x

Dirk Neukirchen dirkneukirchen at web.de
Sat Jun 6 02:21:39 EDT 2015

On 05.06.2015 16:00, Baptiste Clenet wrote:
> Hi OpenWRT developers,
>
> Is there any plan to port OPENWRT on Linux 4.x? (Or is it already done?)

There is a patch available for Kernel 4.1-rc1 [1]
it does not apply cleanly anymore, have a look at my refreshed version [2]
There might be some compile issues depending your target, see the other folders at [2]

4.x commits are a little bit on hold since CC which has 3.18
is not branched yet and probably needs some more testing

Some testing results for 4.0/4.1:
- afaik omap was running but produces an oops in bootup
(afair Arch Linux produced an oops too during bootup)

- ar71xx: ar8216/ar8316/ar8xxx driver is broken
on 8337N and some unknown router (reported yesterday on IRC)
look at [3] if anybody is interested