[OpenWrt-Devel] lantiq DSL drivers / firmware info

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 5 04:59:56 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 4:56 AM, Aleksander Wałęski <olewales at gmail.com> wrote:
> Try playing with /etc/init.d/dsl_control when you'll have a moment to
> spare to see if all parameters it passes to control application are
> necessary. Selecting between ADSL and VDSL may be necessary but
> firmware for ADSL seems to be annex-specific and I think that each
> step we can make towards simplifying configuration will be welcomed.
I'm hoping to have time for this on Saturday, because starting on
Monday my connection will be upgraded to VDSL.

For your own tests: please make sure you restart the device every time
you change /etc/init.d/dsl_control. At least the old driver (4.11.4) didn't
allow changing some values (after vdsl_cpe_control passed the values
to the kernel driver, it silently ignored any change to those values).

Regards,
Martin