[OpenWrt-Devel] lantiq DSL drivers / firmware info

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 4 16:30:26 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 1:54 AM, Aleksander Wałęski <olewales at gmail.com> wrote:
> Extraction procedure is exactly the same as for regular TD-W9980.
Thanks, I have it that this afternoon.

> I was expecting only Annex difference, but this firmware
> may be specifically tweaked for Germany ("# for DT/Germany market" in
> vdsl.scr). I guess ADSL over ISDN is not very popular elsewhere.
Yes, Germany is a bit special regarding this...

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 11:32 PM, Martin Blumenstingl
> <martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I can test it this weekend on an Annex B ADSL connection. So I will
>> test with firmware 1e472dad0eda88281af7c00cd3f49fcc29d4fa83 or
>> 186b5406e6511c97d997b48f5e0ec5ad3f62600d (see [1]).
I was able to test those two today: both are working fine on my ADSL2+
Annex B connection - I did not notice any difference between them.

I have also updated my patch once again: [0].
It does not spam my dmesg, device is still responsive. However, I
cannot say anything regarding stability yet. Let's wait a few days...

Regards,
Martin

[0] https://gist.github.com/xdarklight/2986587133d97892a4b3