[OpenWrt-Devel] ar71xx: How to integrate UniFi AP Outdoor Plus HSR?

Stefan Rompf stefan at loplof.de
Mon Jun 1 19:26:12 EDT 2015

Hi Kirill,

> > An Unifi specific user space daemon listens to scan and channel change
> > events via netlink (will check next weekend if channel change is
> > broadcasted reliably) and tune the filter via sysfs interface
> > accordingly like hsr.c tried.
>
> I like this idea because in this case  it'll be much easier to correct
> problems or add changes.

I cannot get events for userspace triggered channel changes from nl80211,
there seems no way to realize my userspace daemon idea other than by ugly
polling.

So your driver patch is clearly the way to go. I'll test with chaos calmer but
I have no doubt that it will work. Care to push it for inclusion?

> > PS: I've started working on the wiki page
> > http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/ubiquiti/unifi_outdoorplus that I hope to
> > move to "supported" soon ;-)
>
> I have a couple photos of pcb (one with annotated serial port), can send
> them if you need.

Please, do so or just include them into the wiki page.

Stefan