[OpenWrt-Devel] ddns-scripts "sleep 10" before updating?

Christian Schoenebeck christian.schoenebeck at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 08:56:42 EST 2015

Hi Catalin,

there might be a change somewhere in the past inside netifd.

When I started creating the scripts I tested with the old scripts and had seen that when the scripts try to detect local IP from the "wan" that it fails because no data available.
from my point of view 10 seconds to wait before sending an update to the ddns provider is not a big deal because it takes up to 5 minutes until "nslookup [yourhost] 8.8.8.8" gives you back a static answer after a change.
So Google's mameserver need up to 5 Minutes to sync themselves.

I'm currently in office, but I will do some additional tests later at home.

Christian