[OpenWrt-Devel] WRT1900AC - Available firmwares ?

Ian Kent raven at themaw.net
Fri Jan 9 02:06:29 EST 2015

On Thu, 2015-01-08 at 14:36 -0200, Fernando Frediani wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone here have a Linksys WRT1900AC (that fiasco that suppose to
> be the new generation of WRT54G) ?

Yes and I like it.

As Imre Kaloz says Marvel recently released updated driver source.

It seems to me the major hold up was the development approach used in
the beginning. I think it cost quite a bit of time on what was
essentially a false start.

Now Marvel have chosen to update (pretty much re-wrote) the driver with
the goal of having it accepted into the upstream kernel.

It arrears to have much less code than the original and what looks to me
like ugly hacks to other core OpenWrt subsystems to make the old driver
work are no longer needed so the maintenance burden should be much less
for all concerned.

Over all very good news.

Ian