[OpenWrt-Devel] ubus: potential regression in request processing

Zefir Kurtisi zefir.kurtisi at neratec.com
Mon Aug 31 13:02:40 EDT 2015

On 08/27/2015 02:17 PM, Felix Fietkau wrote:
> [...]
> This change (mostly untested) might fix the issue while still preserving
> processing of pending notifications, what do you think?
>
> [...]

Thank you for the suggestion, Felix. Alas, while trying to dig deeper, I noticed
another recent modification that bricked my host-based test environment.

I use to test and debug ubus based modules on host, which so far worked as
expected. Moving ubus and libubox to HEAD, there seem some undocumented
requirements introduced to get the system running again.

Here's how to reproduce:
* build on host
* run ubusd -s /tmp/ubus.sock
* run examples/server -s /tmp/ubus.sock
=> server fails to register

Must be something with access rights to directories, since the same sources work
on target as expected - with the only difference being run as root.

I'll test your suggested patches once I get back to a working status.

Cheers