[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWRT Wiki License changed?

Joshua Judson Rosen jrosen at harvestai.com
Mon Apr 13 14:43:59 EDT 2015

On 2015-01-23 14:52, Riley Baird wrote:> Hi,

> A while ago I submitted content to the OpenWRT wiki, It said that my
> contributions were under CC BY-SA 3.0. Now, however, it says that they
> are under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0. Is there a reason for this?

Ping. It doesn't look like there was an answer to this; is Riley mistaken,
or was the license on the wiki content in fact changed? And if so, why?
Can we change it back? Was there some sort of discussion leading up to the
change that we missed? Personally, I'd rather my contributions be CC BY-SA
rather than CC BY-NC-SA (I don't see how the NC clause helps us, but I can
sure see ways how it hurts us), and I imagine that anyone who contributed something
before the license-change would have expected that their contributions
were not just going to be relicensed to include a NC clause....

I note that the wiki footer does say "Except where otherwise noted...";
should we go through and put explicit "This section is license under CC BY-SA"
statements all over the place? :)