[OpenWrt-Devel] I'd like to donate a Linksys WRT300N V1

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 19:01:39 EDT 2015

On 30 March 2015 at 23:43, Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 March 2015 at 22:05, Alex Henrie <alexhenrie24 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just mailed the router. When it arrives, please send confirmation to
>> me and to treasurer at spi-inc.org.
>
> I just got it today, thanks!
>
> I disassembled it, it's really a PCMCIA wireless card, nice :) Quite
> an unique device!

Well, it isn't that simple. It's actually CardBus, which is much
closer to PCI rather than what I meant by PCMCIA.

> I'll have to install serial console (requires soldering a header) and
> doing more tests, so it may take me a bit more of time.

I got serial working, unfortunately I discovered many problems with
wireless card support.
1) ssb believes there isn't cardbus
2) ssb can't detect PCI is working in hostmode
3) forcing hostmode causes reboots during PCI init
4) fixing PCI init causes crash during first MMIO access

That means a lot of problems, pretty hard to track & understand & fix.
This simply wouldn't be possible to handle this device without having
a physical access to it. It shares some bugs with WRT350N v1 which
unresolved for more than 2 years:
https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/12682#comment:11

So far I only sent generic support for detecting WRT300N v1.0:
http://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/9656/
I'll try to get some PCI patches after this long weekend.

--
Rafał