[OpenWrt-Devel] Translating LuCI? (https://luci.subsignal.org/pootle/ down)

Christian Schoenebeck christian.schoenebeck at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 13:03:21 EDT 2015

Hi Janne,

from my knowledge pottle is down since LuCI moved to GitHub.

inside luci/modules/[package] and luci/applications/[application] on source tree
you should find a "po" directory where translations are stored.

Inside there is a templates/[file].pot	This is the catalog (master) the translation based on.
There are also directorys for every translated language.
In there are stored the final ".po" files.

This ".po" files are translated/compiled into the needed ".lmo" files during compilation of LuCI.

There are a lot of tools on the web handling .pot and .po files.
I personally use "poedit" on my Xubuntu.

To publish the final ".po" file use the standard contribution methods and guidelines
of LuCI project on GitHub at https://github.com/openwrt/luci

Does this help ?

Christian