[OpenWrt-Devel] b53: BCM5325 VLAN VID > 15 possible?

Ilya Lipnitskiy ilya.lipnitskiy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 12:50:07 EDT 2014

Hi Jonas,

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 2:19 AM, Jonas Gorski <jogo at openwrt.org> wrote:

> Due to it (IMHO) being rather confusing
> and easily braking network (e.g. you would need to change you lan VID
> on changing it), I chose not to implement setting it.

Maybe if we provided adequate UI warning in LuCI to make it clear that
changing this prefix for BCM5325 would change all configured VIDs it would
be acceptable?

I think in the typical case of a user with a simple LAN setup that wants to
only tag WAN packets according to the ISP spec for FTTH this may be
justifiable, but I see your point.

Thanks for the prompt and informative response.

Ilya