[OpenWrt-Devel] Ubiquiti Nanostation LOCO M5

Bill bmoffitt at ayrstone.com
Wed Sep 24 12:21:39 EDT 2014

I just got 5 LOCO M5 units that won't run OpenWRT. They are datestamped
1422K; when I try to flash them, they give me:

received ERROR <code=2, msg=Firmware check failed>

I am using the Bullet M image
(openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-bullet-m-squashfs-factory.bin), flashing
with tftp in binary mode.

I have one other LOCO M5 with datestamp 1340K that works fine - flashes
fine every time. But the new units won't take the firmware at all.

I assume UBNT did something in the bootloader that is disabling OpenWRT.

Any help will be welcome. I can open one up and attach a serial cable,
but I'm not sure what I'd look for or what I'd do about it...

Thanks,

Bill