[OpenWrt-Devel] python: moving it to github; and 2.7 vs 3.4

Alexandru Ardelean ardeleanalex at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 10:41:31 EDT 2014

Seems this package was not yet moved to Github.
I'm guessing it's because nobody wanted to, so far.
I can take maintainership of Python and friends (all Python packages), if
nobody else wants to.

I was also thinking of starting a discussion on which version should the
default Python version be.
Right now, it's 2.7, but we could look into making 3.4 the version when
moving it to Github.

An idea would be to vote on it.
Evidently I'd vote for 3.4, but since I don't have a strong preference for
it [other than it's newer and someday going to be the default] I decided to
try to put it to a vote.

Thanks
Alex