[OpenWrt-Devel] mpd breaks openwrt compilation

Jiří Šlachta slachta at cesnet.cz
Sun Sep 14 04:25:34 EDT 2014

Hello Ernesto,

I suppose you are missing some dependencies. According to your output,
it seems that you might be missing the GNU gettext library.

If you are using Debian/Ubuntu, it is enough to call:

	aptitude install gettext

or

	apt-get install gettext

I would also recommend adding more feeds into your buildroot, since the
feed installation does only mean that the installed packages are visible
in the menuconfig. Consequently, the selected packages from menuconfig
should be located within the compiled and generated system image. The
recommendation only comes from the point that you might be missing some
dependencies.

I would also recommend to visit the OpenWrt wiki page to see what packages
are required to have OpenWrt buildroot fully functional. See the dependencies
on the link below:

	http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/buildroot.exigence

Kind regards,
Jiri