[OpenWrt-Devel] Regarding bridge multicast-to-unicast patch

Linus Lüssing linus.luessing at web.de
Tue Sep 9 23:41:39 EDT 2014

Hi Felix,

Matthias just told me about the work you have done on the bridge
code which can be found as 645-bridge_multicast_to_unicast.patch
in the OpenWRT repositord.

I really like the idea of unicasting multicast packets to STAs.
Especially as that would fit nicely with the work done on
batman-adv and multicast :P.

Currently, I think I'm seeing a conceptual issue with this
specific implementation though, leading to multicast packet
loss: It seems to me that IGMPv2/MLDv1 report suppression (as well
as IGMPv3/MLDv2 report suppresion in the presence of IGMPv2/MLDv1
listeners/reports) was not considered.

Cheers, Linus