[OpenWrt-Devel] ath9k regression (was: Barrier Breaker timeline?)

Gui Iribarren gui at altermundi.net
Mon Sep 8 12:52:46 EDT 2014

On 08/09/14 11:23, John Crispin wrote:

> On 08/09/2014 16:16, Aaron Z wrote:
>> I am curious if there is a timeline for either RC4 or the final
>> release for Barrier Breaker?
>> The RC3 release announcement said (
>> https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=242292 ) on 31 Jul said
>> "Depending on how testing goes we will push the final or RC4 within
>> the next 2 weeks."
>> That is obviously past, any idea on a new timeframe?
>> I need to setup a couple of WNR1043ND access points I need to setup
>> and would prefer to go straight to the final if that is coming in the
>> next week or so.
>
> Hi,
>
> the test build is done and we fixed the 2 problems that came up. SDK now
> works properly. all the packages from all feeds build (apart from
> old.packages which has a fallout of ~15 packages) currently we are
> waiting on a ath9k regression fix that is being tested just now. once

Hi there,
could you give some more details about the regression?
I spotted today an issue with 1 ap + 1 adhoc VIFs over a single phy, on
tl-wdr3500/3600, with mcast_rate=24000 on the adhoc wifi-iface, where
the adhoc would not transmit unicast at 802.11n rates, instead staying
at G rates or something like that.
didn't put much time into it, and it resolved spontaneously at some
point, or I issued a "wifi" reset, can't say for sure, but it was
definitely reproduceable after reboot, so I'll dig into it later today
or during the week,

i'm asking, just in case it's the same issue / regression you're already
dealing with?

cheers!

gui