[OpenWrt-Devel] Ralink ethernet update

Mingyu Li igvtee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 22:01:45 EDT 2014

on rt2880 i also use rt-n15. the performance on rt2880 seeks unstable.
sometime low. sometime high. i also don't know why.
others target are more stable. so the maximum is 12x i got.
by datasheet it support tx/rx checksum offload. but ralink sdk disable it.
so i also disable it. so the performanc is not so good.
i use netperf for test.

on mt7620 i only have fast ethernet ports work version. so the maximum is
94.
i also have gigabit port device. but the switch can't work. so i can't test.

so i focus on rt3662 device which with gigabit support.
the most improve is tcp. the udp improve not so much.

you can use ethtool to enable/disable some offload features.
this improve on driver support SG so GSO is eanble too.
also let GRO work by add rxvlan offload(by software).