[OpenWrt-Devel] lantiq vdsl2

John Crispin blogic at openwrt.org
Wed Oct 29 13:21:13 EDT 2014

Hi Daniel,

i get asked this question regularly. the answer is somewhat complicated
as wonky licenses are involved.

here are the plain facts, interpret them yourself please.

* you are the 4th person to ask this month.
* the fw blob has a license that prevents us from redistributing it.
* if i tell people where to get the blob from then i give advise on how
to break the license (and i don't want to be held accountable)
* lantiq was very foss friendly between 2009 and 2012. currently there
is a cold breeze.
* we have reported this problem to them over years, repeatedly
* we have been told for years that they are working on a solution
* we are still waiting

	John