[OpenWrt-Devel] Postfix on OpenWRT

Denis Shulyaka shulyaka at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 06:00:19 EDT 2014

Hi Grzegorz,

Thanks for testing!

> 1. After adding pcre libraries it does compile without errors

libpcre is among the dependencies already, but it seems that SDK
ignores missing dependencies.

> 2. Although it does compile cleanly the package tinycdb*.ipk is not created.

It is supposed to be so. Tinycdb is linked statically during postfix
compile time, so it is not needed on a target device.

> root at Chronos:~# newaliases
> postalias: fatal: unsupported map type for this operation: hash

Well, this is strange because postfix is configured to use cdb map
type instead of hash. Have you manually changed alias_maps parameter?
Could you please provide the output of the following command:

cat /etc/postfix/main.cf.default /etc/postfix/main.cf | grep alias

> Maybe it would be a good idea to publish it at the gihub as it is and let
> other people submit patches and make corrections??

I'm currently trying to get postfix included into openwrt
distribution. Please see https://github.com/openwrt/packages/pull/386
. You can post comments there.

Best regards,
Denis Shulyaka