[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWRT Barrier Breaker missing packages in image builder

Babutzka, Martin martin.babutzka at online.de
Thu Oct 9 06:11:40 EDT 2014

Hello,

At first: Congratulations to the final Barrier Breaker release - it was
obviously a hard piece of work.

When trying the BB image builder I recognized that the auto-download of some
packages (in this case "nano") still doesnt work. It does neither work right
from the start nor after I downloaded and installed the specific feed/all feeds.
I manually added the missing feeds.conf with the following content:
src-git packages https://github.com/openwrt/packages.git
src-git luci http://git.openwrt.org/project/luci.git
src-git routing https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages.git
src-git telephony http://git.openwrt.org/feed/telephony.git
src-git management https://github.com/openwrt-management/packages.git
src-git oldpackages http://git.openwrt.org/packages.git

This is the reaction to "./scripts/feeds install nano"
make: *** No rule to make target `prepare-tmpinfo'.  Stop.
Cannot open './tmp/.packageinfo': No such file or directory
Installing package 'nano'
WARNING: No feed for package 'libc' found, maybe it's already part of the
standard packages?
WARNING: No feed for package 'librt' found, maybe it's already part of the
standard packages?
WARNING: No feed for package 'libpthread' found, maybe it's already part of the
standard packages?
WARNING: No feed for package 'libncurses' found, maybe it's already part of the
standard packages?

The ONLY way I found to successfully compile an image builder prepackaged with
nano was a MANUAL download from
http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07/ar71xx/generic/packages/packages/nano_2.3.6-1_ar71xx.ipk
to ./packages/packages. After this the package is found and used. But when I got
it right this is NOT the way it should work like(?)

Cheers,
Martin