[OpenWrt-Devel] uqmi - Specifying Link Protocol (libqmi --device-open-net=net-802-3 option)

Spam Catcher spam_catcher911 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 15:12:26 EDT 2014

I'm trying to use uqmi with a Sierra Wireless MC7354 and MC7750.  On both modules I'm able to bring up a connection to the cell network, but cannot send or receive anything on the wwan0 interface. After much digging I found an option for libqmi that specifies using ethernet headers instead of raw IP (--device-open-net=net-802-3).  When I specified this option with libqmi, both modules came up with an IP address immediately and allowed traffic to pass without issue. Is there an equivalent parameter I can use for uqmi?  Or maybe even a compilation flag to have it always requested?I'll only be using LTE mode, so the firmware bug where 3G and 4G behave differently shouldn't affect me (I think). If the functionality's not already in uqmi for requesting ethernet headers, then I'd gladly donate .25BTC (~ $100) to someone for implementing this.
Thanks in Advance,
Aaron