[OpenWrt-Devel] kernel changes on recompilation?

Baptiste Jonglez bjonglez at illyse.org
Wed Oct 1 13:31:22 EDT 2014

When you activate/deactivate packages in menuconfig, it may modify what
gets compiled into the kernel, to add/remove support for the various
subsystems needed by the packages you build.  This will cause the kernel
to be rebuilt with a different package number.

If you just rebuild the image without changing anything in menuconfig, I
think the kernel package will not be rebuilt.  Not sure though, just try
and see for yourself :)

Baptiste