[OpenWrt-Devel] I'd like to donate a Netgear N150 WNR1000 v3

SGT. Garcia darwinskernel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 17:41:25 EST 2014

On Nov 19  18:43 +0100, Rafał Miłecki wrote:

> >> I already have about 10-20 Broadcom based boars in my drawer ;) Not
> >> that excited with another one.
> >>
> >> However I'd be happy to help adding support for WNR1000 v3. Could you
> >> attach serial console to it and test some patched OpenWrt builds?
> >
> > It sounds like a fun project, but SGT. Garcia <darwinskernel at gmail.com>
> > volunteered to work on it, and I have already mailed the device to
> > him. I'm sure SGT. Garcia will contact you for help once he receives
> > the device. Thanks for your work on OpenWrt!
>
> Hi Garcia,
>
> Could you provide us NVRAM dump once you get this device? You have
> access to "nvram show" command in both: CFE and original firmware I
> believe.
>
> --
> Rafał

hi Rafał,

first question, do i absolutely need a serial console to get an interface
with CFE? i tried telnetenable from NetGearTelnetEnable and it did work so
far as establishing connection with no prompt. so i couldn't run any
command (nvram show) at that point. then made a cardinal mistake of
upgrading the firmware and now it refuses to allow telnet connection. i
might be able to roll back the firmware.

the default firmware does provide upgrading from it's GUI interface and i'm
hoping to try the img you suggested in the thread to see if i can get a
partially working openwrt (mainly telnet/ssh/shell prompt) and take it from
there.

this all has to wait for a while though. i can get back to this towards the
end of December when i have more time. in the mean time please keep your
ideas/suggestions coming. thanks for the help.

SGT. Garcia